3 LARGE FRESH BROCCOLI HEADS
1 RIPE AVOCADO
1/2 TSP OF FRESHLY GRATED NUTMEG
1 PINCH OF SEA SALT
1 PINCH GROUND PEPPER
1 CLOVE OF GARLIC
- Cut broccoli florets from stems. Peel tough outer skin from stems; trim off fibrous ends. Cut stems into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a big pot, stir salt & pepper, grated nutmeg, crushed garlic, broccoli stems and broth. Heat to boiling. Cook uncovered over medium heat about 7 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli florets; cook about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is very tender.
- In blender, cover and puree soup in small batches. (At this point, soup can be covered and refrigerated up to 1 day or frozen up to 1 month.) Return soup to Dutch oven; reheat over medium-low heat.
- (Optional) 1 or 2 spoons of crème fraiche; season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into warm individual soup bowls.
- Cut the avocados in half and cut them in slice or in cubes to add onto each serving.
- Now it is time to Enjoy it!