Hello Fellow Cooks! Today I am offering this version of Vegetarian Pho soup. It is really easy to make and quick to prepare. This is the perfect recipe to cook during a cold week day (less than 30 min).
- 32 to 64 ounces (depends on your taste) homemade or vegetable Pho broth (available healthy grocery store already made)
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces tofu cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 large carrot cut into thin
- 14 ounces rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, basil, lime wedges, hoisin sauce, and chili garlic sauce or sriracha for serving
- Use 3 tbs of vegetable broth in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and the carrots. Sauté for about 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in the hoisin sauce until the sauce thickens and coats the mushrooms, about 1 minute more.
- In a large pot, combine the shredded cabbage, crushed garlic and the vegetable broth. Cook to a full boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 min, then turn off the heat.
- Divide the rice noodles between four to six large bowls, then fill each bowl with the broth. Add bean sprouts, sliced jalapeños, shiitake mushrooms, fresh basil, and cilantro and serve with lime wedges, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce.